Retire in Conway, South Carolina
by Ted Cohen
Here's my pick of the best place to retire and why…
Right here where I retired after my whole life in Baltimore.
The best place to retire is Conway, South Carolina, fifteen miles from Myrtle Beach, which is 60 miles of Grand Strand living…
- Over 100 golf courses,
- 1700 places to eat, including the fast foods
- Several shows like Alabama theatre, Dolly Parton, our own Palace theatre plus others.
- We have our own symphony
- Our own Coastal Carolina University with the Osher school for senior learning.
- A couple of state parks right on the ocean
- Homesteads of $50,000 and reasonable taxes.
- Electricity is by a co-op.
- There are several choices for tv, cable, etc..
We are only 90 miles north of Charleston, which is history and 80 miles south of Wilmington, NC.
We have flights direct to many cities and of course connecting flights to Charlotte and Atlanta.
We have a very active seniors' center in Myrtle Beach.
And on and on I could go, so turn on your putter, bring up Google and type in Myrtle Beach and see what you get.
2011 Ted Cohen Used by permission
Return from Retire in Conway, South Carolina to Best Place To Retire